Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How's Shark? How's Monica Holding Up?

Shark is doing well. Surprisingly well. Only once did he forget himself and lift something too heavy. That heavy thing was Luke. You tell me, who can resist picking up a bundle of cuteness like Luke?















I can see how Shark simply forgot that he's forbidden to lift anything more than 10lbs.

Myself, I got out of the house tonight and allowed my husband's dear mother to come and take care of her son. For months I had been denied the chance to go out with my "mommy friends" simply because I was so needed around here. Between early morning dialysis treatments and the rest of the day catching up, I barely had time to bathe let alone time to take care of myself. Well, everyone in the family insisted I got out of the house.

And surprise of surprises, the house still stood when I returned. It was nice going out to dinner with the girls. We enjoyed the superb eats at the Cap City Diner. And lucky Mark gets a whole serving of the carrot cake in a doggie bag.

The girls arranged some dinners for our family for the remainder of the week. My fridge and freezer is stocked with homemade dishes ready to heat up. I am entirely filled with gratitude

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I got him an inch or so off the floor before I remembered and put him down. :-(

Jewely said...

I'm sitting here thinking about how I was slinging my 4 year old niece around today and I am certain I would have forgotten too. It's hard when you're feeling a little more like yourself to remember that you are not quite there yet. I hope it didn't do any damage! And God bless your mommy friends, Monica! What wonderful people to help take care of you all like that!
Again, wish I was closer... :-(

Shannon said...

Yum yum yum. What did you have at Capp City? Was it the meatloaf? I am salivating at the thought of it. If I could only have one food for the rest of my days, the meatloaf would make my short list. Also once I had a special; it was choo choo wheel pasta with meatballs, and the sauce was cooked with short ribs! Just like Gram used to make! Also, what did you have to drink? Please do give details!

Monica Beadles said...

I started with a Blue Moon on tap w/wedge of orange. Mmmm

Then we split the homemade potato chips with Maytag blue cheese, alfredo sauce and scallions.

I got the kobe beef burger.

My buddy and I split the mug of chocolate (which I still couldn't finish).

And then I ordered their carrot cake to go for Mr. B.

You really can't go wrong there.

KimK said...

I feel the same way -- that Lukey is too cute!

And good for you, taking care of yourself and taking an evening out!

Jennifer said...

Your mommy friends were thrilled you could be there and we thoroughly enjoyed catching up with you and just having Monica back! Until next time...

Magikjaz said...

totally have to go to Capp City when I come down to visit next time ^_^