Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shark is in Recovery

I have in my sweaty little hand a photograph of Shark's inferior vena cava. It was supposed to be of Shark's kidney, but the surgeon forgot to take the picture before he handed it over to Mark's surgeon. I think it's hilarious that Shark asked for photos. And I think it's even cooler than his doctor attempted it.

He ran back to the OR area to see if he can get a picture of the kidney after it is attached to Mark's ureter and renal vessels.

Yes, I know. I run with a crowd of weirdos. But we understand each other.

What's interesting is that it is ONE HUGE KIDNEY according to the surgeon.

In fact, from these photos, you can see that not just one renal artery and renal vein, but he has an extra renal artery. No wonder that man can put away the iced tea and well, uh, put it back out again!

Woe be to my husband's bladder until he gets used to that kind of flow rate!

WARNING: Images might be too ewww for the squeamish.
http://picasaweb.google.com/monica.beadles/SharkSVenaCava?authkey=fUlheoz8O9s&feat=directlink

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great site you've created, Monica! You seem to be so creative in many ways. I will pass at looking at the pics until I am done with lunch. That stuff does interest me. I got to see pics of my gallbladder and stones in the kidney duct when my gallbladder was removed - very cool.

Alyssa said...

Glad to hear Shark is in recovery! Sounds like a robust kidney too so that's great!

I tried to see the photo because I love that stuff but it said "oops either there's nothing to see here or you don't have access" so not sure what I did wrong. Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Save the picture - you can use it for next years christmas cards! -Amy

Magikjaz said...

huzzah!!!!

GinaBee said...

Yay for Shark--and wow on the big kidney. You know what they say about guys with big kidneys....

I couldn't see the pictures either!