Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hi Ya

Mark and I just got back from a lap around the 9th floor.

Mark says, "Merry Christmas".





Shark is doing sooooooo much better today. Both guys are eating real food and moving about on their own. Pretty nifty, if you ask me.


Our wonderful neighbor brought us a rich and delicious baked pain perdu for brunch. And tonight for Christmas dinner she's bringing us a Chicken Florentine Lasagna.


The house felt a bit lonely without Mark last night, but today it's filled with happiness and gratitude.


Everybody's love and concern has been almost tangible. And for that, we are really blessed with a Christmas to remember.

Amen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's great news! Can't get a much better Christmas present than that.

Mark needs his beard back. I saw the pic you posted and thought, "Holy crap! He looks OLD!" Then I realized he's only a year or two older than me, and quickly revised that thought to, "Mark really looks better in a beard." ;)

Still praying for you guys.

Monica Beadles said...

Either way, bearded or not, I dig him. He's also bald, but that doesn't change the cuteness factor for me. More surface area to kiss this way.

Anonymous said...

I think I figured it out. That towel or small pillow behind his head like a white halo; it gives the effect of an Einstein haircut. It took a second look at the picture to see it.

You got good reason to dig him. Great guy, that Beadles there.

On a tangent, speaking of being hairless, did you know Sara didn't see me without facial until last year? A trimming accident presented me with the necessity to shave completely. She wouldn't kiss me for a couple of weeks until I had some respectable whiskers again.

Jewely said...

What a happy picture to open the blog to! I am so excited that things are going well! As always, prayers continue your way!

GinaBee said...

Awwww! He really looks great--got that ol' Mark Anthony gleam in his eye. (Or is that the meds? Ha ha) That is truly amazing that he's only taking Tylenol at this point! I'm glad he's up and around and making progress!

Have the boys seen him yet?

Monica Beadles said...

Mark is on the immune suppressed floor. Kids are strongly discouraged. Nobody under 12.

Basically, they need to distinguish between a new infection and organ rejection. Best not to introduce a ringer into the situation for now.

I brought my camera so that the kids could "see" daddy.

Mark and Shark are three doors down from each other, so they've visited quite a few times.